Houston County, Georgia is a Georgia Camera Ready Community, connecting film and TV productions with skilled county liaisons across the state to provide local expertise and support.
Point of Contact
The Development Authority of Houston County is your point of contact for any TV or film project. Please contact us for assistance with your film needs.
- County Seat: Perry
- Distance from County Seat to Atlanta: 100
- Airport/Distance: 100 miles to Hartsfield-Atlanta Airport, 20 miles to Middle GA Regional Airport
- Topography: Rolling farmland. Suburban.
- Filmography: The 15:17 to Paris, First Man, Fast and Furious 8, Crazies, Something to Talk About, Divergent Series: Insurgent
Permits, Policies & Procedures
Unique Filming Locations
- Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter. 1,100 acres with 48,000 sq. ft. Conference Facility, 2 conditioned livestock arenas (total of 117,164 sq. ft. and 5978 seats).
- Perry Airport. The Perry-Houston County Airport provides air transportation and services to the Middle Georgia area.
- Sam Nunn Museum & 1800s Classroom.
- Caroll Street. Historical downtown shopping area.
- New Perry Hotel. Turn-of-the-century hotel.
- Evergreen Historic Cemetery. Turn-of-the-century cemetery with famous military and political figures.
- Flat Creek State Park.
- Henderson Village.
- Historical Warner Robins Convention & Visitor's Bureau.
- Historical Homes and Churches.
- Go Fish Welcome Center.
- Agricultural Fields/Orchards (seasonal crops).
- Center Park at Centerville.
Submit a Prospective Film Location
Contact us if you have a location that you are interested in submitting to Reel-Scout, the State of Georgia’s database for film locations.