The teacher to student ratio is 1:16, and the average expenditure per pupil in FY22 of $15,126.93.
The Houston County School System is an award-winning public school system
with schools listed as both Georgia Schools of Excellence and National Blue Ribbon Schools. The system enrolled more than 30,000 students for the 2020-2021 school year. There are 24 elementary schools, eight middle schools and five high schools. The system is accredited by Cognia .
To better prepare our students for the future, the Houston County school system is home to the Houston County Career Academy.
The career academy offers vocational opportunities in a growing variety of programs and facilitates core instruction with online computer technology. The Center operates as a true school of choice for those Houston County students who are interested in achieving a technical/career diploma. Currently HCCA has an enrollment of more than 600 students attending career preparation classes. The students are enrolled in courses of study such as automotive, business and computer science, health care science, computer networking, engineering, manufacturing, electronics, and metals technology.
- Named Georgia’s 2015 College and Career Academy;
- Over 600 students from the 6 Houston County high schools are enrolled; and
- The largest number of students who are dually enrolled in technical programs in the state
Private Schools in Houston County
- Christ School
- Christian Fellowship Academy
- Sacred Heart Catholic School
- Warner Robins Christian Academy
- Warner Robins Montessori Academy (kindergarten)
- The Westfield School
- Westside Christian Academy
Higher Education in Houston County
- Central Georgia Technical College – Warner Robins
- Fort Valley State University – Warner Robins Center
- Georgia College & State University (Georgia College) – Warner Robins Campus
- Georgia Military College – Warner Robins Campus
- Middle Georgia State University – Warner Robins Campus